There are a few instructions to follow after having Endodontic surgery. These guidelines will help to promote healing and manage any post operative discomfort.
You can expect to have some soreness and some swelling within the first 24-48 hours. The swelling resolves quite rapidly after this time. Paracetamol or Ibuprofen generally provide adequate pain relief.
Post Operative Instructions:
- Place an icepack on your face in the area of the surgery for the next 3-8 hours or as much as practically possible: 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off will help to minimise swelling.
- Take Paracetamol or Ibuprofen for pain relief by following the product instructions for use.
- Avoid hot food and drinks, alcohol, smoking and strenuous excersise for the first 24 hours following surgery.
- Rinse with Savacol: 1 capful mixed in a glass of cool water 3 times a day.
- From tomorrow, rinse after meals with a salt water solution: 1 teaspoon of salt dissolved into a glass of warm water ( or Savacol, if preferred ).
- Gentle brushing can be commenced 24 hours post operatively, taking care around the surgical area.
A 15 minute review appointment 4-7 days after surgery is required to review healing of the site and to remove sutures. If you have any questions or concerns, please call our practice on (08) 8223 1093.