Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, in emergency situations treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have private health insurance with dental extras cover, please bring in your card. This will allow us to help you by processing your dental benefit claims though Hicaps.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit and for any subsequent appointments.
During your consultation appointment the Endodontist will:
- Explain your diagnosis and treatment options
- Success rates, length of appointments
- Expected number of visits and length of time between appointments
- A treatment estimate providing you with the cost including item numbers for completion of endodontic treatment. With this estimate you can then make inquiries with your Private Health Insurer about the rebate that you can receive. We also ask for full payment after each appointment. For more information regarding this please see our Financial Policy page.
If your general dentist has taken x-rays relevant to your endodontic referal, they will be forwarded to our office. Most commonly however, additional films are necessary for diagnostic purposes and they will be taken at our Practice.